Saturday, October 17, 2009

A Couple of Roy Underhill Interviews


Well, not much has been happening in the shop lately; my whole family has been sick. Yuck.

But I did run across a couple of interesting Roy Underhill interviews on the net. Both are from Mother Earth News.

This one is from October 2008:

Woodworking with Hand Tools:
Author Roy Underhill takes us from forest to furniture with historical woodworking techniques.


And this one is much older, from November 1985:

Have Broadax-Will Time Travel:
Conversation with the host of PBS' The Woodright's Shop television show.


I enjoyed reading them both (despite the somewhat awkward site layout) and thought others might as well.


3 comments:

  1. Well, I guess I need more sleep! I was trying to edit a comment of my own in response to Rick's comment, and I somehow nuked them both - sheesh.

    Luckily, I have copies of both from Blogger's email, so I'll repost below, although they'll both say they were from me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really a comment from Rick:

    Dan, hope everyone is healing quickly, thanks for the links, I enjoy watching his show on PBS. Take care and stay healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rick - We've all turned the corner - finally!. Hope to get out in the shop sometime soon. Yeah, I love Roy's show too - it and he have had a HUGE impact on my woodworking life. Thanks for the comment and the well wishes - both are appreciated.

    ReplyDelete

Comment Moderation has been turned on - too much spam! Bummer.

I will get an email notification and will approve any appropriate comments ASAP.